Who We Are
Grain Growers of Canada is the National Voice of Grain Farmers from coast to coast. Representing over 65,000 farmers through our 15 national, regional and provincial grower groups, GGC members are trade oriented, sustainable, and innovative. As the farmer-driven association for the grains industry, GGC advocates for the federal government to take decisions that support the competitiveness and profitability of grain growers across Canada.
An environment that provides opportunities for Canadian agriculture to achieve its potential.
As a farmer- driven association, GGC advocates for the federal government to take decisions that support the competitiveness and profitability of grain growers across Canada.
GGC will achieve its Mission by:
- Harnessing the political strength of a unified voice for Canada’s 65,000 grain, oilseed, pulse and special crop (grain) farmers;
- Providing timely and continuous leadership through the coordination of policy and oversight of strategic grain farmer advocacy in Ottawa;
- Leveraging a national grower voice to advance key issues through collaboration with partner organizations;
- Supporting advocacy strategies through strong communication with its members, the farm community and media;
- Educating government on the business of a modern grain farm to enhance understanding of opportunities and challenges for grain growers in a government policy context;
- Supporting its members’ outreach and advocacy on priority issues, and;
- Maximizing growers’ investments in advocacy through the efficient use of member resources and helping to reduce unnecessary overlap or duplication.