April 29, 2019
Job Opportunity – Office Manager
The Grain Growers of Canada and the Canada Grains Council are seeking a highly organized, experienced and motivated office manager to fill a full-time position at our Ottawa office (350 Sparks Street).
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and has strong organizational skills. They have experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. The candidate posses excellent verbal and written communications skills. Experience managing office IT needs. Bilingualism (French-English) is an asset.
- Triage inquiries that come through main office telephone lines and email accounts
- Complete monthly office supply orders
- Manage staff technology needs (telephone, internet, computers etc.)
- Use Microsoft Office to assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, invoices and letters
- Oversee booking schedule for shared office boardroom
- Liaise with landlord for maintenance needs and support tenants as required
- Maintain office environment and serve as host for visiting guests and members
- Financial tracking, coding and liaising with bookkeeper for both organizations
- Monthly expense reconciliation for staff
Travel and Events
- Lead planning for board meetings for both organizations including venues, logistics and the compilation of all supporting documents (board package)
- Lead in the organization of Parliament Hill lobbying events for the Canada Grains Council including arranging meetings with MPs and government officials and preparing meeting packages
- Support the Canada Grains Council with annual conference planning and organization
- Support Grain Growers’ Communications & Stakeholder Relations Manager in the planning and implementation of Grain Growers’ annual summer meeting and annual ‘Grain Week’ member outreach activities
- Assist with the preparation of monthly newsletters, manage social media accounts and assist with website maintenance and updating for the Canada Grains Council
- Assist in travel arrangements for staff
Other tasks as needed
Competitive benefits package offered
Salary commensurate with experience
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONS
The Grain Growers of Canada is the national voice for over 65,000 grain, oilseed and pulse producers through its 15 provincial, regional and national grower groups. Devoted to representing the producers’ interests, GGC is dedicated to the pursuit of a policy environment that maximizes global competitiveness for our members.
The Canada Grains Council is the national umbrella organization representing the grain, oilseed, pulse and special crop industries of the full value-chain. The CGC’s mission is to lead, facilitate and support policy development and implementation on cross commodity issues and opportunities.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Please ensure that your application is received on or before May 24, 2019, 11:59 pm eastern standard time. Please email your covering letter and CV to: email@example.com.
While we thank all those who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.